AED 80,540.00 (Inc. Tax)
MC901 Dual Mono Amplifier
- Includes our Hybrid Drive™ technology that uses the best of vacuum tubes and solid state to produce the best sound performance
- The ultimate solution for bi-amping loudspeakers: 300 Watt vacuum tube amplifier and 600 Watt solid state amplifier on one chassis
- Vacuum tube section powers mid and upper drivers
- Solid state section drives power hungry woofers
- DualView™ Power Output Meter
McIntosh has been perfecting vacuum tube amplifiers since the 1940s and solid state amplifiers since the 1960s. Our amplifiers have been used at many historic events including presidential inaugurations and Woodstock, as well as in landmark sound systems like the Grateful Dead’s Wall of Sound and Despacio. From that heritage comes a truly one-of-a-kind home audio amplifier only we could dream of, design and build as the ultimate solution for bi-amping loudspeakers: the McIntosh MC901 Dual Mono Amplifier.
The MC901 is a monoblock amplifier that drives a single speaker. But it is unlike any other monoblock amplifier. What makes the MC901 so unique is that it’s two amplifiers combined into one. Adding to the uniqueness is that each amplifier is of differing design philosophies: the MC901 consists of a 300 Watt vacuum tube amplifier attached to a 600 Watt solid state amplifier on one unified chassis.
The MC901 includes our Hybrid Drive™ technology that uses the best of vacuum tubes and solid state to produce the best sound performance. The 300 Watt vacuum tube portion powers the speaker’s mid and upper drivers via eight KT88 output tubes, plus four 12AT7 and two 12AX7A signal tubes; the solid state section delivers 600 Watts of dedicated power to the power hungry woofers. The 300 Watt vacuum tube amp in the MC901 uses our patented Unity Coupled Circuit output transformer – the same technology McIntosh was founded on in 1949 – to deliver its full 300 Watts into almost any speaker regardless if it has 2, 4 or 8 Ohm impedance. Similarly, the 600 Watt solid state amp delive
Vacuum tubes do not perform at their best when they are amplifying lower frequencies that are not being used by the loudspeaker. With the MC901, the vacuum tube amp will not be burdened with low end reproduction as the solid state section will drive these frequencies. The two amplifier sections of the MC901 are designed to work together in a synergistic relationship and are specifically engineered to assure that each section only amplifies its intended frequencies. Each amplifier section has its own discrete power supply so neither siphons power or performance away from the other. All of this results in easy bi-amping with unparalleled performance and sound reproduction from your speakers.rs its full 600 Watts into a 2, 4 or 8 Ohm impedance speaker via our Autoformer™ technology.
Prior to the MC901, bi-amping a speaker required two separate amplifiers. It also required an external crossover, along with a lot of trial and error, to properly configure the two detached amplifiers so they worked together as best as possible. The MC901 solves this issue thanks to its internal, adjustable crossover with the controls easily accessible on the top of the unit. These adjustable crossover filters allow you to optimize the performance of both amplifier sections to your listening preferences. Relative gain levels for each amplifier section can be adjusted from -6dB to +3dB. A direct feed can also be connected to each amplifier section, thus bypassing the filters.
Like virtually all McIntosh amplifiers, the MC901 features an iconic “McIntosh Blue” Watt meter, which has come to be recognized around the world as a symbol of quality home audio. And just like the MC901 itself is a new design, so too is its meter with the introduction of our new DualView™ Power Output Meter. The DualView meter features two of our traditional, fast responding mechanical meters stacked above and below each other in a single meter window; one meter is dedicated to the 300 Watt vacuum tube amp and the other to the 600 Watt solid state amp. Each meter operates independently of the other and displays the real time power reading of each amplifier section.
While an entirely new design, the MC901 comes with the technology one would expect from a McIntosh amplifier:
– Power Guard® that monitors and adjusts the input signal in the 600 Watt solid state amplifier section in real time, then makes unobtrusive adjustments to prevent harsh sounding distortion and potential speaker damaging clipping.
– Power Guard Screen Grid Sensor™ (SGS). The 300 Watt vacuum tube amplifier section of the MC901 breaks new ground as it’s our first amplifier to feature our new Power Guard SGS™ technology. Power – – Guard SGS helps prevent premature vacuum tube failure by monitoring the screen grid current in the KT88 output vacuum tubes. If the current becomes too high, a circuit in Power Guard SGS is activated which then dynamically attenuates the input signal in real time to keep the vacuum tubes operating at safe levels.
– Sentry Monitor™ observes the output current and shuts the amplifier off if it ever exceeds safe limits.
– Quad Balanced design that cancels virtually all noise and distortion that may have crept into the audio signal.
– Power Control that can send power on/off signals to other connected McIntosh components for easy system power up and shutdown.
– Our patented, gold-plated Solid Cinch™ speaker binding posts that easily and securely attach the speaker cables.
– McIntosh Monogrammed Heatsinks™ that are connected to advanced high current output transistors efficiently cool the solid state amplifier section.
– Our Power Management System that will turn the entire unit off after a set amount of time when no input signal has been detected.
Orders ship Sunday through Friday from our offices in Dubai, UAE.
In-stock products typically ship within 48 hours and should be expected to arrive in 3-4 business days. Orders outside of the UAE should be expected to arrive in 5-7 business days.
Pre-order and backorder products will state the approximate delivery timeline beside the Add To Cart button.
If you would like to place a custom order, chat with our specialists for a guided shopping experience. Once your order has been placed, a timeline will be provided depending on your order details.
- Free delivery within the UAE
- Shipping charges will be calculated upon checkout for orders outside of the UAE (Bahrain, Oman, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia & Qatar).
- Taxes and duties are calculated according to the applicable laws of the state or country an item is shipped to and are the customer's responsibility.
For additional information on shipping and our exchange & return policy visit our help center.
Installation charges are applicable and can be paid upon delivery for our clients based in Dubai.
- Installation Charges: AED 350 Per Hour
- Speaker Cables: AED 20 Per Meter
- Trunking: AED 10 Per Meter
For clients based outside of the UAE, please contact our specialists and we will share an estimate based on your requirements.
The McIntosh audio system is a stereo system that uses two speakers or a multi-channel system using 3 to 12 speakers. Components are the individual units that individually will offer the highest performance and fidelity possible.
Connecting the various components into a complete system of source components, control center, amplifiers, and speakers will deliver the best possible sound.
Preamplifiers are Control Centers that switch source units, turn volume up and down, and in some cases allow tone shaping or turning bass and treble sounds up or down.
Amplifiers are the ‘Muscle’ of the audio system and amplify the small audio signal from the preamp to a large one that will operate speakers and determine how dynamic the reproduced sound of the system is in one unit.
Integrated amplifiers are single chassis models that combine the function of the preamplifier and power amplifier in one unit.
Precision McIntosh power meters allow the monitoring of sound level balance and output level between the two stereo, or many multi-channel speaker channels. Meters protect valuable speaker systems from damage as long as more watts than the speakers are designed to handle are not exceeded.
The McIntosh Output Autoformer is a special transformer that is designed and manufactured in-house by McIntosh. This allows any speaker type to be used with a McIntosh amplifier and have all of the power that the amp is designed to deliver.
All other amplifier designs will not have even power with differing speaker designs. McIntosh amplifiers with the output Autoformer™ will deliver ‘All the Power You Pay For’ regardless of speaker type chosen.
Quad Differential is the most sophisticated McIntosh amplifier design that allows the impossible combination of the most powerful amplifiers with the very lowest distortion and background noise. Many would say this is the impossible combination; highest power with lowest noise but Quad Balanced make the impossible possible.
Electromagnetic switching is used in McIntosh preamplifiers and integrated amplifiers to switch the variety of source components connected. Rather than the common mechanical switches that will deteriorate with wear, electromagnetic switches are high tech switching nodes that allow very long, trouble free operation.
Performance between vacuum tube and solid state (or transistor) gear is almost identical in technical specifications. Many users request vacuum tube units that offer a slightly classical "tube" or "warm" sound to the audio presentation.
Tube and solid state models may be mixed and will all work together in a McIntosh component stereo system. Many now use downloaded music as their main media source. Sound quality will always depend on the quality of the download files and the music system interface. McIntosh offers the most advanced computer USB interface in most of our preamplifiers and integrated amplifiers which will maximize audio performance.