AED 3,500.00 (Exc. Tax)
TRADE-IN UNIT, MINT CONDITION
If exceptional music-making is the first hallmark of the Naim DAC, the second is versatility.
Versatility comes thanks to S/PDIF inputs that can accommodate either optical or coaxial formats and USB inputs that can accommodate memory sticks and iPod and iPhone models. It arises also from the numerous Naim system upgrades that the DAC makes possible. Simultaneously with its introduction, the CDX2 and CD5 XS CD players have gained S/PDIF outputs and can now benefit significantly from use with the DAC.
With the addition of a DAC, existing preamplifiers can be incorporated into digital audio systems. The Naim DAC can be controlled by a Naim preamplifier remote control, seamlessly integrating analog and digital inputs across the two units. The DAC becomes an extension of the preamplifier. And when a USB stick, iPod or iPhone is docked, the DAC front panel input buttons transform to operate as playback controls.
Only 1 left in stock
Each element of the Naim DAC has a vital role to play in its musical virtuosity, but it is not just the specifics of each that is important, it is their organisation also. The influence of the signal path, the microphony of circuit boards, the impact of the track layout, the noise contribution of components, the noise sensitivity of others – each one is vital, and each one influences
The DAC signal path is fundamentally simple. The SHARC DSP, operating as a filter, receives the data, then over-samples and low-pass filters the data and feeds this to its peripheral memory. Also operating as a buffer; the memory outputs data clocked by the oscillator. The DAC chips turn digital into the analogue current, and the I to V converters turn current into voltage. The analog lowpass filter removes high-frequency artifacts and buffers the signal for a preamplifier.
– Audio Outputs: 2 (RCA and DIN, selectable)
– Line Output Fixed: 2.2V RMS
– Frequency Response: 10Hz to 20kHz +0.1dB/-0.5dB
– THD: <0.002%
– Digital Inputs: 8 (2 coaxial BNC, 2 coaxial phono, 4 optical toslink)
– USB: front and rear panel – the front overrides the rear
– IR Input: front and rear panel
– IR Output: rear panel socket
– Audio files supported: USB = WAV ( LPCM up to 32bit / 768kHz)
– USB: 32kHz to 768kHz, 24bit
– S/PDIF: 32kHz to 192kHz, 24 bit
– iPod, iPhone: 48kHz max
– Supply Voltage: 100V, 115V, 230V AC; 50/60Hz
– Power Consumption: <30VA (max inc iPod charging)
– Dimensions (mm): 70 x 432 x 301 (HxWxD)
– Weight: 5.6kg
– Colour: black
– Finish: anodised fascia, painted cover
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.