Prime Bookshelf Speakers
The SVS Prime Bookshelf Speakers are high-end in every way but the price. Prime Bookshelf speakers deliver amazingly refined sound quality and stunning dynamics as fronts, surrounds, center channels, or other loudspeakers in a 2-channel audiophile or home theater surround sound system.
The Prime Bookshelf speakers are sonic overachievers on all levels. Stunningly dynamic, pinpoint accurate, and utterly transparent, they deftly serve as reference monitor loudspeakers in a two-channel system, or as a high-performance front, center, or side/rear surround speakers in a multi-channel home theater.
Borrowing engineering and design cues from the acclaimed Ultra Series and embodying all the traits of a truly high-end speaker, the Prime Bookshelf speakers convey accurate spatial imaging, throw an expansive soundstage and deliver uncompromising fidelity throughout the frequency spectrum. The effortless low-frequency extension, commanding but detailed midrange and airy, unveiled highs far exceed expectations of other speakers in its class. Even the cabinet geometry and internal bracing are optimized for uncompromised audio playback and complemented by stunning piano gloss and black ash finishes.
Standing out among the crowd of bookshelf speakers is no easy task, yet the SVS Prime Bookshelf Speakers defy convention to outperform reference monitors costing twice as much or more. Every aspect of the Prime Bookshelf speaker was designed for sonic excellence. From the premium grade driver and sophisticated SoundMatch crossover to the extra-thick baffle, internal bracing, and FEA optimized tweeter diffuser, the Prime Bookshelf speaker’s design and engineering credentials put it in the realm of much costlier, and much larger speakers.
Prime Wireless SoundBase also connects to an AV receiver or two-channel stereo system via line-level output to provide high-resolution wireless audio streaming, multi-room music playback, mobile app or voice control, and more. Create a wireless stereo zone or transform home theater systems by adding advanced connectivity, flexible control, and wireless access to all streaming content.
Bring any pair of speakers, AV Receiver, or two-channel audio system into the future of great sound by converting it to a smart wireless audio zone and a hub of connectivity for all devices and every way you enjoy music with the SVS Prime Wireless SoundBase.
Prime Driver & Tweeter Design
Thoughtfully designed for acoustic excellence, the Prime Bookshelf speaker’s 6.5-inch woofer is mounted in its own dedicated and completely sealed compartment to ensure smooth, precise, and clear midrange and bass output that’s free from coloration. The cone material is extremely light and rigid and maintains a flat frequency response with excellent handling across the foundational mid-range frequencies. The low-frequency extension is shockingly deep and effortless considering the cabinet size and the Prime Bookshelf speaker can hit reference volume with amazing clarity, no distortion, and headroom to spare.
The Prime Bookshelf speaker’s 1-inch aluminum dome tweeter is light, efficient, and rigid, and plays crystal clear at high volumes. The clarity offers a sense of utter transparency while offering an ‘airy’ presentation and incredibly unveiled highs so female vocals and dialogue and high pitched sound effects and musical content always sound crisp, smooth, and natural.
Innovative SoundMatch Crossover Design
Since premium drivers require an equally capable crossover, no expense was spared with the innovative SVS SoundMatch 2-way crossover. Its tapered array is designed to minimize the potential for beaming. This creates an expansive, yet focused and precise soundstage, with accurate frequency response at all listening positions in the room. The precise tuning of the SoundMatch Crossover also ensures pinpoint accuracy of highs, mids, and lows, while maintaining pristine signal purity.
Performance Driven Cabinet Design and Geometry
Tapered edges on the Prime Bookshelf speaker’s front baffle, known as chamfers, minimize edge diffraction for clear and precise sound-staging. The cabinet’s presence offers a modern industrial feel with acoustic enhancements like shorting rings and a tweeter diffuser which adds performance-driven style. All advancements are packed into a compact but attractive cabinet, that’s easily mountable anywhere, and available in stunning piano gloss black or premium black ash finish.
6 Custom Presets
6 custom presets for instant access via WiFi to your favorite playlists, Internet Radio stations, and streaming music services without needing a phone or tablet.
Voice control of music from any Alexa device on your WiFi network is as simple as “Alexa, play reggae in the living room” and you can adjust volume, skip track forward, mute, pause, and stop the music.
Frequency Response / Acoustic Data
– Rated bandwidth: 48 Hz-25 kHz (±3 dB)
– Nominal impedance: 8 ohms.
– Sensitivity: 87 dB (2.83V @ 1 meter full-space, 300-3kHz)
– Recommended amplifier power: 20-150 watts.
– Bookshelf Loudspeaker
– Black ash and piano gloss black finish options
– Single set of 5-way binding posts
– 1.7” wide-flared rear-firing port
– Cloth grille with pin/cup retention system
– Elastomer stick-on bumper feet (adds 3mm to height)
– Cabinet Dimensions: 13.2″ (H) X 8″ (W) X 9.7″ (D)
– Overall Dimensions: 13.3″ (H) X 8″ (W) X 10.3″ (D) (includes grille and bumper feet)
– Shipped Dimensions-2 Pack: 17.6″ (H) X 22.4″ (W) X 14.4” (D)
– Weight: 15.5 pounds
– Shipped Weight-2 Pack: 34.7 pounds
– 1” Aluminum Dome Tweeter:
– FEA-optimized diffuser for airy and unveiled presentation
– Aluminum dome for exceptional transient response
– Long-stroke motor and suspension for high output
– Polypropylene cone for excellent stiffness/mass ratio and piston like behavior
– Aluminum shorting ring to reduce gap inductance, lower distortion, and enhance high frequency response
– Cast ABS-fiberglass composite basket ensures precision component alignment and excellent thermal transfer
– Vented voice coil former minimizes air compression artifacts
Crossover & Cabinet Specs
– 2-way crossover with premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors and heavy-trace printed circuit boards
– Crossover network delivers outstanding phase coherency and time domain behavior
– Tweeter-to-woofer crossover: 2.3 kHz (12 dB/octave slopes)
– Acoustically transparent and FEA optimized grilles minimize diffraction
– FEA-optimized cabinet and bracing eliminates resonances
– Chamfered front baffle and flush-mounted drivers reduce edge diffraction and improved on-axis high frequency response
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.